Betting Sites with Free Registration Bonus in South Africa
You are in luck! A number of licensed South African betting sites have free registration bonuses ranging from R25 to R50. You can claim these bonuses by simply signing up (no deposit is required) and use them to make real money bets on rugby, cricket, soccer, hockey, and other exciting sports!
Get nice and comfortable as we show you the best free registration bonuses in South Africa, break down how they work, and walk you through every step so you can claim them within minutes. If you are lucky, we will even help you pick a winner!
Best SA Free Betting Bonuses on Registration in 2024
These incredible SA betting sites all have fantastic free betting bonuses on registration. Sign up to any of the bookies and within minutes be making free bets on thousands of sports markets:
- Free Registration Bonus: R25 Sign Up Bonus + 50 Free Spins
- Free Bet Expiry: 24 hours
When you sign up to Hollywoodbets, you will receive R25 that you can use to bet on any sporting event as long as the odds are 5/10 (0.5 decimal) or greater. You will get 50 free spins on Before Time Runs Out, Calaveras Explosivas, Candy Tower, and Jellyfish Flow. Each free spin is worth 60c, and winnings have a 5x wagering requirement. Also, the max you can win is R1,200.
Hollywoodsbets is a fully licensed South African bookie and has been successfully operating since 2006. Apart from their sleek mobile-optimized site, they also have 80 + sports betting shops throughout the country. At Hollywoodbets, you can find market-beating odds for rugby, cricket, and soccer, as well as esports. They also have regular sports betting tournaments, for example, when you place a cricket bet, you go into the draw to win a R150,000 cash prize! Furthermore, Hollywoodbets supports a large variety of payment methods, including the betting vouchers popular with South Africans.
- Free Registration Bonus: R50 Sign Up Bonus + 100 Free Spins
- Free Bet Expiry: 15 days
Register at Supabets and pick a generous R50 sports betting bonus and 100 free spins. R50 bonus must be rolled over 3 times at 2/1 or better before it can be withdrawn, and you must verify your betting account to receive the offer. You can also only make single bets. The 100 free spins can be used for Lucky Lucky or Knockout Football Rush, the max win is R999, and winnings are subject to a 5x playthrough requirement.
Supabets holds a valid Mpumalanga license and boasts 1,300 + betting markets, including some of the best live wagering options in the whole of South Africa. You can bet on 30 + football leagues and all of your favorite sports, including cricket, hockey, tennis, and every match from the Currie Cup. Supabets also has fantastic deals for existing players, like 10% cashback and up to 1,000% refund if one of your accumulator legs loses!
- Free Registration Bonus: R50 Sign Up Bonus + 25 Free Spins on Sweet Bonanza
- Free Bet Expiry: 5 days
Join Easybets and pick R50 in bonus cash, which you can bet on all sports, including rugby, soccer, and cricket, as long as the odds are 2/1 (3.0) or higher. The bonus cash also comes with a 3x wagering requirement, and the max you can win is R1,000. Each free spin is worth 25c, and they also have a max win of R1,000.
Easybets has a beautifully designed mobile-optimized site with one of the best bet slips we have come across. They also have a dedicated app for iOS and Android. Easybet is the undisputed king of football betting markets, you can bet on games from 50 + countries, including everywhere from South Africa to Ukraine to Indonesia to Saudi Arabia. Remember to make your first deposit and claim Easybet’s massive 150% welcome bonus!
- Free Registration Bonus: R25 Sign Up Bonus
- Free Bet Expiry: 48 hours
Register at Gbets in just a couple of minutes and get a free R25 sports bet added to your account. You don’t have to verify your account to receive the free bet, and you have 48 hours to place your complimentary wager. The free bet offer comes with a low wagering requirement of just 1x, a max win cap of R1,000, and the min odds are 1.50.
Gbets has 300 + live sporting events that you can bet on every single day. They have generous odds for every match from the IPL, Currie Cup, NBA, and EPL. Gbets offers in-depth stats to help you pick winners, and when you make your first deposit, they will 100% match it up to R1,000!
🏅5. World Sports Betting
- Free Registration Bonus: R50 Sign Up Bonus
- Free Bet Expiry: 72 hours
Fill out the simple registration form, and World Sports Betting will top up your betting account with R50, no deposit required! You can use the R50 bonus to wager on any sport, but the odds must be 1.50 or higher. Before you can cash out the bonus, you will need to deposit at least R50.
World Sports Betting has 30 + sports to choose from, including everything from surfing to rugby to tennis to water polo to squash. This South African sportsbook has exciting features like early cashout and even 100% free live streaming. They have the best live markets for tennis and UFC of any South African bookmaker and are always giving away free bets and boosted odds. Don’t forget to claim the World Sports Betting 100% first deposit bonus up to a mouth-watering R15,000!
A free registration bonus at betting sites is any bonus you receive when you create an account. These bonuses are exclusively for new players and do not require a deposit. You can use this free registration bonus to make real money bets on different sports using the betting site’s own cash.
South African sports betting sites have all kinds of different SA welcome bonuses. Here are the most common offers:
- No Deposit – This refers to any bonus that you receive when you sign up. These bonuses are 100% free and don’t require a deposit. The two most common no deposit bonuses are free bets and bonus cash. With bonus cash, you can choose the event you wish to wager on, but winnings typically come with wagering requirements. While with free bet bonuses, you can only use them on specific sporting contests, but you get to cash out whatever you win.
- Free Bet – With a standard free bet bonus, you have to deposit and then make a qualifying bet. For example, to receive a R50 free bet on the New York Knicks vs Brooklyn Nets, you first have to deposit and bet R100 on any NBA game.
- Deposit Match – With a deposit match offer, a South African bookmaker will top up your account with bonus cash. For example, if you claim a 100% match bonus and deposit R500, you will receive R1,000. You can use this bonus cash to make real money wagers.
- Insurance – With an insurance offer, a South African betting site will refund 100% of your first wager up to a certain amount. For example, you might get 100% of your stake refunded up to R1,000 when you bet on any EPL game. Your stake is often refunded as bonus cash, which comes with wagering requirements.
How to Claim a Free Registration Bonus at Betting Sites
If you have a half-decent internet connection and a spare couple of minutes, you can pocket a free registration bonus from a South African betting site. So you aren’t running around like a headless chicken, follow these steps:
- Choose a South African bookmaker from our list and click on the link (our special link unlocks the no deposit bonus)
- Once you arrive at SA sportsbook’s homepage, tap the sign up button
- Complete the registration form and enter your full name, date of birth, email, mobile number, address and ID number
- During the signup process, the no registration bonus will pop up to claim it tick the box or hit the accept button
- You may also need to verify your account, to do so, upload your ID (driver’s license, passport, army ID, national ID, and voter’s card, all accepted) and upload proof of address (utility bill, bank statement, or local tax bill accepted)
The registration process is a walk in the park, and SA bookmakers only require the bare minimum when it comes to personal information. After you have completed the sign up form and claimed the bonus, it will show up in your account, and you can start stalking the betting markets!
A number of SA bookies offer free registration bonuses, including Hollywoodbets with its R25 no deposit and Easybet, which has taken it a step further with a R50 no deposit bonus. Free registration bonuses are commonly available at South African online betting sites!
You shouldn’t just sign up to the SA betting site with the biggest bonus. To ensure you have a safe and fun-filled gaming experience, also consider these factors:
It is illegal for a South African bookmaker to operate without being licensed by the corresponding province. To ensure you are fully protected by your local gambling board, only sign up to South African betting licenses that hold valid licenses in your province.
To check a bookmaker’s license go to their official site and scroll down to the bottom of the page, here, you will see all of their current licenses. You can take it a step further and go to your local gambling board and search the bookmaker’s license number.
Odds + Markets
Can you bet on cricket? What soccer leagues can you wager on? Prior to signing up, spend some time browsing through the different markets and pay special attention to the available sports, the number of leagues, and bet types. Also, compare the odds of different SA bookmakers, you don’t want to be stuck at a site that has super high juice!
Chances are you want to make sports bets on the go from your phone. It is wise to pull up the sportsbook’s site on your browser of choice and look at things like site speed, menus, theme, and navigation. You should also see if the sportsbook in South Africa has a dedicated app and check if they have exclusive bonuses for mobile players.
Scroll through the SA betting site and look out for extra features like early cashout, which allows you to settle your bet and even receive a partial payout if your bet is losing, and live streams, where you can watch sporting events in HD for free. Also, see if the SA sportsbook boosts odds for special sports matches or other special promos like cashback or multi-bet bonuses.
So you have finally settled on your dream SA free registration bonus, now it is time to claim it and place your first bet. Follow these steps to use your no deposit bonus:
We have already covered how to claim a free registration bonus at a SA sportsbook in-depth above. In case you missed it, simply go to the bookie’s official site, create an account, and then during the sign up phase, you will be offered the bonus. Just tick the box, and your sports free bet will magically appear in your account.
You may also have to verify your account before you can use the free registration bonus. SA bookmakers require identity documents and proof of address. Sportsbooks in South Africa typically take 24 hours to verify new accounts.
Read Terms and Conditions
You don’t want to accidentally break the rules and get your free registration bonus stripped from your account. All free registration bonuses come with pages and pages of terms and conditions, most of which you can skim, but important terms to look out for include expiry dates, restricted markets, minimum odds, and wagering requirements.
To increase your odds of actually winning money using your free bet, you need to do your research. We recommend sticking to sports you actually follow, if you are a diehard Springboks fan, then you know exactly when the team is in form and primed to win. To inform your betting decision, look at some basic stats like head-to-head record and record over the last 5 matches. It is also crucial to check if any key players are injured, and don’t forget about the weather, everyone knows the Wallabies struggle when it’s wet!
Place Your Bet
Once you have figured out what sport you are going to wager on and what team you are picking to win, it is time to actually place the bet. Simply click on the sporting event you wish to wager on, select the betting market and result. For example, you bet on Cape Town City to beat the Orlando Pirates. After you make your prediction, select to use your free bet and then confirm your wager.
Then just tune into the game, if you are lucky, your SA bookmaker will have a free live stream. Once the sporting event is over, the bet will be automatically settled. If you picked a winner, the profit will be added to your account.
Claiming a SA bookmaker bonus is only half the battle. Then, you need to follow all of the promo rules closely to ensure you can actually use it to win real money and successfully cash out. Familiarize yourself with these bonus terms and conditions before you claim any promo:
- Min Deposit – The minimum amount you need to deposit to claim a South African sports betting bonus is often quite a bit higher than the site minimum deposit limit. For example, don’t accidentally miss out on a bonus because you deposited R10 instead of the required R20!
- Min Odds – South African bookmakers don’t want you scouring through the betting markets looking for the biggest favorite you can find. Typically, when using free bet offers, the min odds will be 5/10 or higher.
- Max Win – In some cases, South African betting sites will place a hard cap on the amount you can win when using a free bet, for example, the limit might be R2,000. If there is a max win cap, it will be stated in the bonus terms and conditions.
- Expiry Dates – Every month, millions of rand worth of bonuses expire worthless because South African punters forget to use them or run out of time to complete the wagering requirement. South African bonuses expire anywhere from a few days to a month, so double-check the exact expiry date for each bonus you claim.
- Wagering Requirements – What is stopping you from claiming bonus money from a South African online betting site and instantly withdrawing? The wagering requirement. This term explicitly states the number of times you have to bet your bonus before you cash out. For example, if you claim a R1,000 bonus with a 5x wagering requirement, your total bets need to hit R5,000 before you can withdraw.
Compare the Best Welcome Bonuses at Online Bookies
Supabets has the best welcome bonus of any online bookie in South Africa. When you sign up, you get a R50 free bet and 100 free spins on two Habanero slots. Then, when you make your first deposit, you will receive a 100% deposit match promo up to R2,000.
It doesn’t end there, on your 2nd deposit, you get a 50% match up to R1,000, and on your 3rd deposit, you get a 100% up to R2,000! The min odds for bets made with the sports betting bonus cash is 14/10, and the funds need to be rolled over 4 times.
Sportingbet also has a fantastic welcome bonus spread over your first three deposits. They offer a 100% deposit match up to R1,000 + 100 free spins on your first deposit, 50% deposit match up to R1,000 + 100 free spins on your 2nd deposit, and a 75% deposit match up to R1,000 + 100 free spins on your 3rd deposit! The sport betting bonus cash comes with a 10x wagering requirement, and the minimum odds for all bets is 1.7, while free spins winnings come with a 40x wagering requirement.
But ultimately, you are good to claim all the free registration bonuses we’ve included on these pages. Our links and banners should be your go-to when looking for South African bookmakers with free registration bonuses.