Game On Gift Guide: What the card is, where you can pick one up from & how to use it
The convenience of payments and the ability to deposit or withdraw using unique, less-common banking methods are features of the top online sportsbooks. One such unique payment option is using a Game On gift card to fund your online sportsbook account.
Introduced in 2022, the Game On gift card is a payment solution allowing users to deposit in their online sportsbooks with a prepaid card conveniently. Although the Game On gift card is limited to a few sportsbooks and states, we can confirm this as a legitimate and secure means of funding your sports betting adventure.
This article is a guide to online sportsbooks and states where you can use the Game On card to make deposits. We also look at the general conditions for using this convenient payment option and a step-by-step guide to purchasing this gift card, so read on!
What Is the Game On Card?
The Game On card, developed by the BlackHawk Network Inc., is a prepaid card that can be used to make deposits on select online sportsbooks in the United States only.
This gift card lets you top up your sportsbook account by entering a unique 16-digit card number and CVV code assigned to you upon purchasing the card. You can buy Game On cards pre-loaded with any amount ranging from $20 to $400.
It is worth noting that the card funds on a Game On gift card aren’t tied to a specific sports betting account. You can use Game On to make multiple deposits on any of the participating sportsbooks as long as the gift card contains enough funds to process the transaction.
Betting with the Game On Card at a Glance
|Game On Card Betting Overview|
|Minimum pre-load deposit amount||$20|
|Minimum sportsbook deposit amount||determined by bookmaker|
|Fees||$5.95 activation fee|
|Transaction speed||1-2 minutes|
Where to Get a Game On Card?
You can buy the Game On Card on the platform’s website. Alternatively, you can purchase a physical card from verified and legit retailers or grocery stores. These include locations such as Foodtown, Lowe’s, Acme Markets, Tops Friendly Markets, Bozzuto’s retailers, and GIANT.
Gift card purchases from the Game On website can be done with valid credit/debit cards or through PayPal.
You can follow the steps outlined below to buy a gift card from the Game On website:
- Visit the Game On website.
- Click the ‘Buy Game On‘ icon at the homepage’s top right corner.
- Choose your state of residence from the available options.
- Click ‘Buy Now.’
- Select who you’re buying the gift card for – you can either buy for yourself or a friend.
- Enter the gift card value you want to purchase.
- Click ‘Add to Cart.’
- Review your cart containing the order details and click ‘Checkout.’
- Enter your credit/debit card details or use PayPal login to place an order.
Best Sportsbooks to Use Game On Card
- Minimum deposit $10
- Plenty of payment methods available
- Well-designed Android & iOS app
- In-Game wagering
- Football live streaming is not available
- Customer service contact has to go through FAQs
- Minimum deposit $5
- Sleek and easy-to-use user interface
- Plethora of betting options
- Range of regular promotions
- Limited withdrawal options
- Needs a better rewards system
- Minimum deposit $10
- Vast coverage of sporting markets
- Supports ewallets & traditional payment methods
- Promotions are kept exciting
- App layout is a bit cramped
- No NFL live streaming
The Game On card is currently available as a deposit method on four sportsbooks – BetMGM, DraftKings, FanDuel, BetRivers – and 14 states of the US. However, information on the Game On website reveals that this gift card will soon be available for use as a sportsbook payment option in more states.
Below, we have summarized the best sportsbooks to use the Game On card, as well as the states where it is currently acceptable to make sportsbook deposits with this Visa gift card:
|📖Sportsbook||💵Minimum Deposit||🎁Welcome Bonus||🇺🇸 Legal States|
|BetMGM||$10||$1,500 paid back in bonus bets if you don’t win||AZ, CO, IN, KS, LS, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, VA, WV, WY|
|DraftKings||$5||20% deposit match up to $1,000||AZ, CO, IN, KS, LS, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, WV, WY|
|FanDuel||$10||$1,000 No Sweat First Bet||AZ, CO, IN, KS, LS, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, WV, WY|
|BetRivers||$10||2nd chance bet up to $500 – if your first wager loses, receive a bonus bet equal to your stake up to $500||AZ, CO, IN, LS, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA|
How to Deposit to a Sportsbook Using the Game On Gift Card
The process for depositing on a betting site using the Game on Card is fairly straightforward, largely functioning the same as credit card deposits. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Log into your sportsbook account
- Head over to the Cashier section
- Pick “credit card” as your deposit method
- Type in the 16-digit number found on your Game On card as well as the 3-digit CVV security code.
- Choose your desired cash amount and click “Deposit”.
That’s it. The deposit amount should become almost instantly visible on your sportbook account balance and immediately usable for wagering.
Can You Withdraw Funds to Your Game On Card?
No, the Game On gift card cannot be used for withdrawals. This is fairly typical for most prepaid cards and is one of the more obvious drawbacks of using one.
Game On Card Fees
There are no transaction or subscription fees associated with using a Game On gift card. The only thing you’ll be paying is the $5.95 activation fee which is charged during your initial purchase of the card.
Game on Gift Card Transaction Times
When depositing to your sportsbook account using a Game On gift card, the usual transaction time is between one and two minutes. As previously mentioned, the Game On card cannot be used for withdrawals.
Game On Gift Card Requirements and Restrictions
Below is a summary of the essential requirements and restrictions associated with the use of the Game On card for depositing on online sportsbooks:
- Game On gift cards can only be used in the following 14 states of the United States – AZ, CO, IN, KS, LS, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, WV, and WY.
- Users must be of legal age in their respective states to purchase the Game On gift card and engage in online sports betting.
- Users aren’t allowed to exceed the balance of the funds pre-loaded on the Game On gift card.
- Deposits made with Game On gift cards are subject to the participating brands’ existing minimum deposit requirements.
- The minimum pre-loaded amount on the Game On gift card is $20, while the maximum amount that can be purchased is $400.
- You can’t redeem a Game On gift card for its cash value on a sportsbook or anywhere else.
- The Game On gift card can’t be used to obtain cash or other gift cards in any transaction.
- Collecting a replacement card for an expired Game On card is free.
Pros and Cons of Using Game On Card
|Easy and convenient||One-time activation fee|
|No expiry date for the Game On card funds||Limited to a few sportsbooks|
|No usage fee||No withdrawals available|
|No need to disclose sensitive financial details||Not redeemable|
|Deposit limits promote responsible gaming practices|
Convenience, privacy, and speed are hallmarks of financial transactions with the Game On gift card. The card is currently available for use as a sportsbook deposit method in several regions of the United States. And work is being done to bring the Game Card brand to more US states.
By making payments with the Game On gift card, you can receive enticing welcome bonuses to bet and play games on any participating sportsbook. This includes offers like a 20% deposit match up to $1,000 on DraftKings and a $1,000 No Sweat First Bet offer on FanDuel.
The Game On gift card is a prepaid card with pre-loaded funds that can be used to make deposits on top online sportsbooks in the United States.
Game On gift cards are completely safe and legal to use in states where they are allowed.
Using a gift card for sports betting involves redeeming the card on a sportsbook by entering the unique code and pin on the gift card to make a deposit.
The sportsbooks that currently accept Game On gift card as a deposit method are BetMGM, FanDuel, DraftKings, and BetRivers.