Top Minimum Deposit Betting Sites in the UAE: Best UAE Online Bookmakers 2024
Betting sites in the UAE contribute with a versatile array of betting markets and bonus incentives, even as this Arab nation’s legal market for online betting is still in the works.
Some of the biggest sponsors of professional sports are from the UAE, and a large section of the population shares the same enthusiasm for sports viewing. But sports viewership is not the only thing that is booming in the UAE. Findings published by the data research company TGM Research show a rapid rise in sports betting as well.
According to the research, 41,69% of the population in the UAE engaged with online sports betting sites in 2022. Another interesting but unsurprising finding is that 81,84% of those who bet do so via betting websites, i.e., online. What’s surprising is the majority of participants in the survey (38.87%) said they bet because they like the excitement, compared to 34.78% who do it to win money.
Minimum deposit sportsbooks in UAE offer betting services for as little as AED40 or AED80. The same amount applies to most ongoing sports promos that require a deposit, making betting sites in the UAE easily accessible for myriads of recreational bettors.
We’ll give you the ins and outs of UAE betting sites, the legality of betting trends, available bonuses, and a shortlist of the best sports betting sites in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
Best Minimum Deposit Betting Sites UAE
The top UAE minimum deposit betting sites are:
- Mr. play
While sports betting (in-person and online) is not yet legal in the UAE, a legal market is in its final stages of development.
You will have a hard time finding a country with the same enthusiasm for promoting sports as the United Arab Emirates, as seen by its longstanding sponsorship deals with major sports franchises and individual teams and players.
Lately, the UAE’s focus has shifted from lucrative overseas investments to investing in a major domestic project that is expected to consolidate the existing online gambling laws and incorporate them into a single framework. Hence, the establishment of the General Commercial Gaming Regulatory Authority (GCGRA).
By creating a legal market for online sports betting, the UAE is prospecting the potential economic benefits of a rising trend.
The GCGRA, introduced in early September 2023, is the UAE’s official gambling regulator. Once it rounds off its regulatory framework, the GCGRA will become the principal domestic licensing authority. Its responsibilities will include monitoring compliance with the established regulations, or lack thereof, among licensed online betting sites.
According to state media reports, the GCGRA focuses on legalizing lottery and commercial gaming. However, particulars are scarce. The legal age for gambling, the permitted forms of gaming, and related stipulations will be revealed at a later date. Currently, only individuals aged 21 or older can bet online. There’s also no confirmation if the new framework will include a provision for online gambling, though it is highly likely.
Current UAE law prohibits gaming at sites operating with an offshore license. However, the country has a relatively lenient approach and tolerance for betting and has so far avoided major crackdowns on illicit gaming. You can proceed to bet on an offshore site at your own risk, but legal ramifications, while possible, are unlikely for individuals.
1.🥇Mr. Play Sportsbook – 100% Up to €100 (AED400) on Signup
- Minimum deposit: €10 (AED40)
- Minimum withdrawal: €10 (AED40)
- Accepted Payment Methods: Visa, Neteller, MasterCard, Skrill, ecoPayz, AstroPay
- Bonus: 100% welcome bonus up to AED400 (€100)
Mr. Play is one of the best online betting sites for UAE players. Here’s why. The betting lines are aligned with the industry average on all sports and, in some instances, even better. It offers a ‘playboost’ promo, whereby you can augment your potential winnings by up to 77%, in addition to the welcome sports offer. The promo page features a bet builder and a cash-out option.
While it covers over 20 sports categories, football provides the most markets – over 1,000 daily. Other categories include basketball, horse racing, ice hockey, boxing, and eSports. The support desk is always alert to offer assistance but is not active 24/7. The low end of depositing and withdrawing is identical: AED40 ($10). Credit/debit cards (Visa, MasterCard) and e-wallets (Skrill, ecoPayz) are a few of the accepted payment methods.
- ‘Documents Uploader’ feature for quick verification
- One of the top football betting sites with over 1,000 daily football markets
- No specified restrictions for UAE players
- ‘Cash out feature
- Native sports betting apps
- Support is active only during work hours (08:00 CET to 00:00 CET)
- Only a handful of basic sports promos
2.🥈Betinia Sportsbook – 100% First Deposit Sports Bonus
- Minimum deposit: €10 (AED40)
- Minimum withdrawal: €10 (AED40)
- Accepted Payment Methods: MasterCard, MuchBetter, CashtoCode eVoucher, Jeton, AstroPay
- Bonus: 100% up to €100 (AED400) on your first deposit
A relatively unfamiliar name among UAE sports betting sites, Betinia’s sportsbook offer is on par with the best betting sites in UAE. Alongside the AED400 welcome sports offer, you can opt for a bet builder promo, a weekly reload bonus, or have a crack at the AED60,000 ($15,000) sports jackpot. The disposable payment categories include card payments, vouchers, and e-wallets.
Concerning the betting offer, Betinia provides competitive odds for football, horse racing, basketball, hockey, tennis, motorsports, and over 20 other sports. You can bet live, adjust the odds format, or use the ‘odds change’ tracker for a more personalized betting experience.
- Great betting odds on live markets
- No deposit or withdrawal fees
- Weekly sports bonuses
- Seamless registration and verification
- The majority of ‘weekly challenges’ are linked to online casino games
- The focus is more on online casino gaming than sports betting
3.🥉BonusBet.com – 100% Welcome Sports Bonus
- Minimum deposit: €10 (AED40)
- Minimum withdrawal: €25 (AED 92)
- Accepted Payment Methods: MasterCard, Skrill, Neteller, AstroPay, Jeton
- Bonus: Up to AED400 (€100) for new players.
BonusBet caught our attention due to its interactive sportsbook design and betting features. A few of them include popular bet selections, an odds format widget, and a bet builder. There are hundreds of daily markets for football, basketball, American football, eSports, and 20+ other sports. While the odds follow the industry average, there is a deficit of prop bets.
On the upside, it is one of the top low-deposit Dubai betting sites, though is also available to bettors outside the UAE’s most populous city. There are several other sports promos alongside the welcome bonus, but only the Bore Draw promo can be considered a classic bonus. The remaining are more betting assets than bonuses.
- Early cashout feature
- Virtual sports betting
- Excellent usability and functionality on desktop and mobile
- ‘Extra’ and ‘Fast Markets’
- Narrow choice of props
- Only a few sports bonuses
4. 18Bet – Deposit AED40 (€10) get AED40 as a Welcome Bonus
- Minimum deposit: AED40 (€10)
- Minimum withdrawal: AED40 (€10)
- Accepted Payment Methods: MasterCard, Neteller, Skrill, Trustly, Bank Wire
- Bonus: 100% match between AED40 and AED400
18bet’s sports coverage comprises more than 30 sports, including live coverage. It is among the most versatile football betting sites in the UAE, especially for live betting. 18Bet provides live and regular daily odds on all major and minor leagues. Among its noteworthy betting features are the cashout feature and the ability to place system bets – an option many low-tier UAE sports betting sites lack.
You will see only a few basic payment options to fund your account (card payments, e-wallets, and bank transfers), but the payment terms are fair and fitting for low-risk bettors. Apart from the regular welcome sports promo, there’s a free bet deal, a sports cashback promo, and sports tournaments.
- Free iOS and Android betting apps
- Alongside sports, you can play casino games
- Option to request a personalized sports bonus
- Sports tournaments promo
- Only a few payment methods
- 21 days to complete bonus rollover instead of the average 30 days
5. Zulabet – Deposit at least AED80 (€20), Get a 50% Deposit Bonus
- Minimum deposit: AED80 (€20)
- Minimum withdrawal: AED80 (€20)
- Accepted Payment Methods: MasterCard, Skrill, and Neteller, Neosurf, Paysafecard
- Bonus: 50% Reload up to AED 2,000 (€500)
With regard to odds value, sports coverage, and markets, Zulabet is a worthy competitor to the aforementioned brands. Where it stands out is the somewhat extended selection of banking methods, which, alongside MasterCard, Skrill, and Neteller, includes Paysafecard and Neosurf vouchers. However, the area where Zulabet falls behind is mobile gaming. There is no dedicated betting app, though you can still bet in-browser.
While the odds are on the same footing with the top sports betting sites in the UAE, you can boost them further (on select events) using the bet boost and accumulator boost promos. Additionally, you can mitigate potential losses via the sports cashback promo or test your luck (and skill) with the sports jackpot by correctly guessing the outcome of all provided events.
- Exclusive betting experience via the VIP program
- Accumulator boost promo
- System and multiple bets available
- Low rollover on most sports bonuses
- No sports tournaments promos
- No mobile apps
We like to set a high standard for reviewing the best sports betting UAE sites. In that spirit, we use a set of criteria as a yardstick to evaluate the worth of the top online betting sites from every angle.
- Legality – The legality of online bookmakers pertains to the license(s) held by a specific betting site. The UAE’s GCGRA will be the principal licensor and regulator of all gaming activities. Until the GCGRA formulates its regulatory framework, betting sites are licensed off-shore, mainly in Malta, by the respected MGA. This practice of off-shore betting is expected to end once the UAE’s legal betting market opens.
- Reputation – It means little to hold a legit gaming license if your reputation among UAE bettors is subpar. After ensuring a given betting site is licensed, we look closer at its reputation in the betting community. We read genuine comments and reviews from experts and users and evaluate collected impressions from reliable second-hand sources.
- Odds & Sports market coverage – The estimated probability of given outcomes, represented as an odds value, can vary from sportsbook to sportsbook. We find and compare licensed UAE betting sites and pick the ones with the most favorable lines. If the odds are adequate, we turn to the versatility of the betting markets i.e. the variety of bet types other than moneyline, totals, and point spread.
- Banking methods – Much of the convenience of betting online rests on the efficacy of the sportsbook’s banking system. This criterion encompasses payment choice, convenient transfer limits, and reliable cashout times. We give an edge to sites that have no internal transaction fees and accept small bets.
- Customer Support – We can’t stress the importance of a reliable support desk enough. Live chat and email support have become the standard options, but the performance of each is equally important. An around-the-clock support team is not enough. The assistants must be friendly, helpful, and responsive. We conduct a hands-on test of the support service while testing each site individually.
- Betting Features – Betting features encompass a range of tools and individual constituents that enrich the betting experience. Cash out and early cashout, bet boosts, odds format adjuster, live odds changes, one-click bets, in-play betting, and live streaming are just a few common features that can improve the experience.
- User Experience (UX) – Top betting lines on your favourite sports, smooth navigation cross-platform, decent bonuses, fair and timely withdrawals, and agreeable bonus terms are some of the criteria that contribute to the UX rating. Suffice it to say that a dependable support service and on-site help resources are the norm for a positive UX.
UAE Sportsbooks Compared
|🎁Best Sports Bonus
|💶Min. Deposit for Bonus
|100% Up to AED400 (€100)
|Email, chat, FAQ, Help center
|100% First Deposit Bonus
|FAQ, live chat, email
|100% up to AED400 on signup
|Live support, email, FAQ
|Request a ‘Personal’ Sports Bonus via live chat
|Claiming Free Bets
|100% refund on a football match that ends 0-0
|Chat, email, FAQ
|VIP sports betting rewards
UAE Betting Sites without a Minimum Deposit
It’s natural to be on the fence about placing a real money deposit and sharing payment details with an online betting site for the first time. But in some cases, you don’t have to. Certain UAE online betting providers understand the reluctance among beginners and offer free bets at no cost i.e. with no qualifying payment.
You can stake your claim for the free bets by simply completing a qualifying action, such as verifying your email or account, or redeeming a sports coupon. Such is the AED70 (€18) free bet offer at 18Bet, which is activated via the designated coupon code.
Alternatively, some free bets require placing a qualifying wager to receive the bonus. But this scenario requires you to have existing funds in your balance to place the qualifying bet, which, by extension, requires a qualifying first deposit.
Sports bonuses are in high demand among UAE bettors. Luckily, the top betting sites in the UAE cover every popular bonus category, including bet boosts, accumulator boosts, first deposit bonuses, free bets, and cashback deals. Here are the three sports deals UAE sports betting sites predominantly market.
First deposit welcome bonuses can apply to casino games and sports betting. For sports bettors, the cash bonus from their first deposit can be a valuable boost to their betting or withdrawable balance. First deposit offers usually match your deposit in full (100%) instead of the 50% match for reload bonuses.
But the main disadvantage is the rollover requirements. As a rule, every deposit bonus has average wagering requirements ranging from 20x to 30x. Some sites, like Zulabet, have considerably lower rollover of 5x or 6x. You should aim for these bonuses if you plan on betting small.
To claim a first deposit bonus, you must be a verified member of the sportsbook and meet the qualifying deposit on your first deposit, usually AED40 (€10). Another inconvenient term is the odds restriction. Bets on events with odds lower than the specified threshold will not count toward bonus play.
Cashback deals represent a safety net for anticipated losses. A cashback bonus is usually available for returning players rather than new members and offers a bonus in the range of 10% and 20% up to between AED400 or AED2,000 worth of losses within a designated period.
The favorable aspects are cutting your losses and the absence of rollover requirements. On the downside, the sportsbook will limit your betting options. The cashback will likely apply to money placed (and lost) on events from a single sports category (such as football). Also, only specific bets may qualify, such as moneyline, singles, and/or pre-match.
To activate your cashback deal, you must contact customer support or follow the provided activation instructions.
UAE sportsbooks award reload bonuses when you make an eligible deposit. Unlike first deposit bonuses, reload deals are often smaller (between 50% and 100%) and are available only if you’ve made at least 1 or 2 prior deposits. The qualifying deposit for a reload is usually AED40 (€10), although higher deposits (up to AED2,000) are also accepted.
This promotion gives you a boost for a deposit you intend to make anyway. The play-through requirements also tend to be lower compared to first deposit bonuses. For example, Betinia has just a 1x rollover requirement for its weekly reload bonus, while BonusBet requires a 5x rollover for the weekend sports reload. This is a significant advantage compared to the 20x-40x rollover on welcome bonuses.
Unless you plan on betting for free using a free bet bonus, you need an active balance to place bets. Below, we examine the generic steps toward depositing at a UAE sports betting site.
- Find a reliable online betting site
- Open tap ‘Register’ or ‘Sign up’
- Provide your name, phone number, and email
- Insert requested details (date of birth, address, bank, zip code, etc.)
- Select UAE as your country and choose a currency (AED, EUR, etc.)
- Choose a payment method
- Insert an amount and confirm the deposit
Verification Process and Withdrawing Winnings
Sometimes, you may have to verify your personal and account details before you can deposit. Regarding withdrawals, not only do you have to be a verified member, the operator may require additional proof of identity to approve subsequent withdrawals.
If the sportsbook requires extra verification documents to approve a cash-out, you can upload them while filling out the digital withdrawal form or contacting customer support. Nearly every sportsbook will accept copies of documents via email or a dedicated document upload program.
- Note from our experts: Most recommended online betting sites in the UAE do not accept UAE dirham (AED) transactions. You will likely have to use USD, EUR, or another eligible currency. Betting sites that allow currency conversion usually charge fees for this service.
Banking Options Available for UAE Bettors
If you’re UAE-based, you can conduct money transfers to and from your sportsbook account using e-wallets, bank cards, or alternative accepted methods. Here are three good options to consider.
- MasterCard – You can set up MasterCard as your preferred payment method within minutes. The service is mainly fee-free, and the minimum deposit and withdrawal limits range between AED40 (€10) and AED80 (€20). MasterCard uses encryption tech for every transfer and is great for long-term use. However, the withdrawal turnaround time can drag out between 2 and 5 days.
- MuchBetter – MuchBetter is an online wallet where you can store funds and anonymously transfer them to your betting account. It is particularly convenient for handling mobile payments. Note that to be able to withdraw using this method, you must have deposited with it first. One of its major disadvantages are the fees attached to some transactions.
- Neteller – Neteller is another desktop- and mobile-friendly e-wallet favored for its security and speedy transfers. But, like MuchBetter, it may charge fees for its processing and storage services. Neteller VIP allows users to transfer funds with reduced fees, and there is an in-house loyalty program where you can earn and convert points.
Some major UAE companies, like the Emirates, are ardent proponents and investors in sports, particularly football. The country also has competitive domestic leagues in football and basketball – the UAE Pro League and the UAE National Basketball League.
Camel racing, horse racing, and endurance riding (a form of horse racing over long distances and rough terrain) are arguably the country’s top domestic sports. UAE bettors are also enthusiastic about watching and betting on golf, motorsports, cricket, and rugby.
From the early 1980s onward, the UAE has hosted dozens of major events in a range of sports. A few include the 1996 AFC Asian Cup, the 1995 Asia Cup, and the 2012 ACC Trophy Elite in cricket, the U-17 2013 FIFA World Cup, and various rugby events. It also hosts annual events like the WAFF Women’s Championship in football and the Dubai 7s in rugby sevens.
Here’s a brief overview of the sports UAE bettors are most fond of.
- 🏇Horse Racing
- 🐪Camel racing
Note that camel racing and endurance riding are not sports with international followings. They are niche sports, and you won’t find them listed at any UAE online bookmaker. On the other hand, golf, rugby, horse racing, and cricket betting markets are available year-round.
With adequate experience, online betting is a cakewalk. But if you’re a casual player or a beginner, we have a few tips on how to bet when you’re on a budget.
- Tip 1: Set up a small fund designated strictly for betting purposes. If you deplete your budget, don’t rush to set up a new one lest you overspend.
- Tip 2: As obligated by their licensors, UAE online sportsbooks must offer tools for responsible gambling. To bet safely online, see if you can set up deposit limits, loss limits, session reminders, or other tools to ensure you don’t overstep your betting boundaries.
- Tip 3: Claim a small-deposit bonus. You will be tempted to get a sizable bonus amount, but a higher bonus sum means spending more to complete the rollover. Deposit a smaller amount, and you will be able to clear the rollover terms more easily and, consequently, convert your winnings into withdrawable funds faster.
Mobile Betting in UAE
The UAE’s expanding mobile betting landscape is a major contributing factor to establishing a regulated market. There are two ways to bet from a mobile device.
The first is to register or sign in with an existing account using the sportsbook’s website version via a browser (Chrome, Opera, Safari, etc.). CSS and HTML technology enable a mobile-friendly experience where, regardless of the sportsbook’s format, the software will adjust the desktop layout to fit your mobile screen adequately.
A dedicated betting app enhances the experience further. Apps are independently updated regularly, and each update fixes recurring issues or introduces new features that improve the user experience (UX).
Some UAE operators have iOS and/or Android apps, while others don’t. Open the App Store or Google Play (depending on your device) and type the sportsbook’s name to see if you can download a free application.
Those that allow betting through an app, such as Betinia and Mr. Play, have made the necessary investment into design and functionality. As far as we tested the apps, we couldn’t record any major technical or navigation issues, although occasional lags are inevitable.
The benefits of betting on a minimal budget are manifold, such as safeguarding from the traps of overspending, but there are some disadvantages worth noting.
- Many bonuses are eligible with a minimum deposit
- Avoid reckless spending
- Generate higher payout with parlays or system bets
- A minimal deposit will be depleted quickly
- Negligible payouts when betting on singles
The UAE has a vibrant online betting scene, but you have to be cautious and remember the practice is not entirely legal there. The GCGRA – the UAE’s new federal gambling regulator – is expected to announce the new regulatory framework soon, but an exact or approximate date has not been provided.
Until then, you can choose to bet on one of the licensed sportsbooks and use their promotional materials, but you should heed the possible legal implications.
We suggest you revisit our site and read the dedicated articles. We will be following up with more relevant updates first thing after the UAE announces the official launch of the market.
Odds boosts, bonus bets, and first deposit sports bonuses are three of the best and most prominently featured bonuses at UAE sports betting sites.
Not yet. A regulated market is being developed in accordance with the federal government and internationally recognized industry experts.
Ten (10) USD, or currency equivalent in AED (around AED40), is the average minimum qualifying deposit amount at many UAE sports betting sites.
You can bet on a mobile browser or use an app for your iOS or Android device if one is available.