Top Minimum Deposit Sites in Malawi: Best Bookies in 2024
Many Malawian bettors don’t have the biggest budgets, so leading betting sites lower the minimum amount you can deposit to accommodate as many players. For as little as 100 Kwacha, you can join a sportsbook online and bet on your favourite sport without risking all your money.
But the minimum deposit limit shouldn’t be your only consideration when choosing betting sites in Malawi. This guide will review some of the best sportsbooks you can sign up with. You’ll also get to know other factors to consider when comparing betting sites, their deposit limits, bonuses, and more.
Best Minimum Deposit Betting Sites Malawi
Gambling in Malawi has been legal since the Gaming Act was introduced in 1996, with all gambling operations in the country being regulated by the Malawi Gaming Board. The regulatory body also issues licenses, and has previously only allowed land-based establishments.
It was not until 2018 that online sports betting in Malawi became legal. But even then, the online sports betting scene was already abuzz with action, as many international bookmakers were available to Malawian players. Premier Bet was the first locally-licensed, but sites like Betway and bet365 are now just as popular. Players must be at least 18 years old to join any of the betting sites in Malawi.
The low minimum deposits are certainly what made the following betting sites in Malawi pique our attention. But we also consider other factors, including licensing, betting coverage, odds, bonuses, safety, and payment methods.
- 🥇Premier Bet – Best minimum deposit betting site in Malawi overall
- 🥈MrXbet – Best minimum deposit sportsbook for esports
- 🥉1xBet – Top low deposit bookie for prop bets
- 🎖️Betway – Best sportsbook with innovative betting features
- 🏅bet365 – Best sportsbook for live streaming
1.🥇Premier Bet – Overall Best Minimum Deposit Betting Platform in Malawi
- Minimum Deposit: 500 MWK
- Minimum Withdrawal: Not specified
- Accepted Payment Methods: FDH Bank, NationalBank, TNM Mpamba, TNM USSD, First Capital Bank, eVoucher, Airtel Money
- Bonus: 100% up to 50,000 MWK
Premier Bet is currently the biggest local bookie, offering a generous 100% up to 50,000 MWK welcome bonus. It provides competitive odds on all the sports Malawians love, including soccer and horse racing. Players must deposit at least 500 MWK to unlock the welcome offer.
However, the minimum deposit for consequent deposits dips to 100 MWK when you use platforms like the National Bank of Malawi to fund your account. Both deposits and withdrawals are free on the easy-to-download app. Bettors can place pre-match and live wagers, with early cash out available for the latter.
- Generous welcome offer
- Wide range of betting markets
- Local payment methods
- No transaction fees
- Fewer payment options
2.🥈MrXbet – Best Minimum Deposit Sportsbook for eSports
- Minimum deposit: €1
- Minimum withdrawal: €500
- Accepted Payment Methods: Visa, Mastercard, AstroPay, Jeton, eZeeWallet, CASHlib, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Tether
- Bonus: 100% up to €1,000
MrXbet is one of the top international bookies where Malawians can access lots of flexible features, starting with a generous welcome bonus spread over four deposits. Only €1, which is about 1,800 MWK, is needed to start betting on sports like soccer and Formula 1.
It’s a great bookie for esports fans in Malawi, offering over a hundred markets on the sport. Even though a mobile app isn’t available, MrXbet has a quality platform designed to make betting easy. Best of all, it supports several payment methods, including crypto.
- 4-tier deposit bonus
- Low €1 minimum deposit
- User-friendly site
- Competitive odds
- No mobile app
3.🥉1xBet – Top Low Deposit Bookie for Prop Bets
- Minimum deposit: €1
- Minimum withdrawal: €1.50
- Accepted Payment Methods: Mastercard, Visa, Skrill, Sofort, Perfect Money, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin
- Bonus: 100% up to €200
1xBet joins our list of best betting sites and only requires a €1 minimum deposit to start betting. It’s popular for featuring 1,000 sporting events daily and a range of prop bets like number of goals or penalties.
You’ll find a lot of payment options here, covering cards to cryptocurrency, although the latter isn’t that popular in Malawi. Beyond the generous 100% up to €200 sign up deal, 1xBet offers opt-in loyalty cashback programs for VIP members.
- Great welcome bonus
- Plenty of prop bets
- Several payment options
- Seamless mobile app
- No live streaming
4. Betway – Best Sportsbook With Innovative Betting Features
- Minimum deposit: 100 MWK
- Minimum withdrawal: 100 MWK
- Accepted Payment Methods: Visa, Mastercard, TNM Mpamba, Airtel Mobile Money
- Bonus: 100% match bonus up to 50,000 MWK, 1,000 MWK free bet on next deposit above 5,000 MWK
Betway is a name highly associated with prestige and excellence and rewards new players with 100% match bonus up to 50,000 MWK. Players also get free bets worth 1,000 MWK if they make a subsequent deposit above 5,000 MWK.
Betway is licensed by the Malawi Gaming & Lottery Authority, making it a safe platform. The mobile sports betting app allows swift registration and access to a myriad of top European and national sporting events and local payment methods. Betway also offers features like Build a Bet, WinBoost, and Early Cash Out for seamless betting.
- Wide range of payment options
- Quality odds
- Smooth betting app
- Build a Bet available
- More focused on international sports
5. bet365 – Best Sportsbook for Live Streaming
- Minimum deposit: $10
- Minimum withdrawal: $10
- Accepted Payment Methods: Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, eCheck ACH, Wire transfer, Instant bank transfer
- Bonus: Bet $10, get $150 / Up to $1,000 in Bonus Bets
bet365 is now considered a prominent Malawian sportsbook just because of how easy the site is to use. It has consistently maintained competitive odds in most major sports, including esports.
Among the 30+ featured sports, you’ll find extensive local and international leagues like the UEFA Champions League and English Premier League. It accepts a minimum deposit of only $10 to access any of the two welcome offers. You’ll find various payment methods, including cards, eWallets, and bank transfer options.
- Live streaming available
- Responsive customer support
- Competitive Pricing
- Seamless app
- Odds change too frequently
There’s no shortage of Malawi betting sites, but we’ve narrowed our selection to just a handful. Not all minimum deposit platforms are equally good, and we use the following checklist to sieve out the best ones:
- Bonuses: We spend a lot of time on bookmakers’ promo sections as we scout for budget-friendly options. Apart from the value of the bonus and minimum eligible deposit, we check if the terms attached are realistic and attainable.
- Licensing & security: Every site we recommend provides a regulated gambling environment and holds a valid license issued by a reputable governing authority. Premier Bet and Betway are licensed by the Malawi Gaming & Lottery Authority, while other sites are regulated by the UKGC and the MGA.
- Reputation: Besides licensing, we are also interested in the operator’s reputation. If the brand has survived the test of time and has millions of satisfied customers, it certainly catches our attention.
- Sports markets coverage: Nothing is as frustrating as joining a bookie only to find your favourite sport isn’t available. At the very least, a minimum of 20 sports must be part of the selection. The best bookies also offer a considerable range of betting markets for each sport, allowing you to enjoy great gaming freedom.
- Payment methods: We look for sportsbooks with a long list of payment gateways, including popular options like Visa and Mastercard. If the sportsbook can offer local payment methods familiar to Malawian punters, like TNM Mpamba and Airtel Money, even better.
- Usability: Many bettors tend to get overwhelmed with messy web designs. If the website takes us more than 30 seconds to figure out how to navigate it, we’re scrapping it. An intuitive platform makes a significant impact on your overall betting experience.
- Customer Support: Bettors usually contact customer support when there’s a problem. So, the main goal of any sportsbook’s customer service must be to acknowledge and efficiently deal with any problem no matter how complex.
- Betting Features: We look out for features like live betting, live streaming, and early cash out that make your betting experience more vibrant and lucrative.
- Odds: Competitive pricing significantly impacts your potential payout in the long run, which is why we rally behind bookies dishing out quality odds.
We’ve put together a table comparing the best minimum deposit sportsbooks in Malawi and their key features. This should help you pick the best one for your needs.
|#️⃣Number of Sports
|100% up to 50,000MKW
|Local payment methods
|FDH Bank, NationalBank, TNM Mpamba, TNM USSD, First Capital Bank, eVoucher
|100% up to €1,000
|Visa, Mastercard, AstroPay, Jeton, eZeeWallet, CASHlib, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Tether
|100% up to €200
|Mastercard, Visa, Skrill, Sofort, Perfect Money, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin
|€30 in free bets
|Innovative betting features
|PayPal, Skrill, Visa, Mastercard, Visa, Mastercard, TNM Mpamba, Airtel Mobile Money
|Bet $5, get $150 / Up to $1,000 in Bonus Bets
|Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, eCheck ACH, Wire transfer, Instant bank transfer
Malawi Betting Sites without a Minimum Deposit
What could be better than a minimum deposit sportsbook? We’d say joining a bookie that offers no deposit free bets. Players essentially receive betting credits without putting up any of their cash.
Think of it as a reward for foregoing other bookies and rather choosing to create an account with that particular sportsbook. As such, the offer is usually reserved to attract new players. This bonus is rare, though, which probably explains why none of our bookies offer it presently.
Betting sites in Malawi offer bonuses allowing both new and existing players to wager more than what they would have deposited. No minimum deposit betting sites might not be available in Malawi, but other bonuses are. Have a look at some of the bonuses you’re likely to spot.
A deposit bonus is when the sportsbook matches the money you fund your account with by a specific percentage. Most bookies offer a 100% bonus match, which doubles your bankroll. Bettors must observe a few terms and conditions when utilizing this offer, such as the minimum deposit, expiry dates, and wagering requirements. A welcome deposit bonus is typically the biggest bonus, though it does require players to put down a significant amount to get the max offer.
The second chance bet isn’t a common bonus type, but bookies like bet365 occasionally offer it. With this promo, the sportsbook provides new users with a safety net for their first deposit. When you join the site, and your first real wager loses, you receive the stake as bonus bets to have another go. The downside is players typically need to complete playthroughs to withdraw their winnings as real cash.
While a deposit bonus is directly proportional to how much you use to fund your account, free bets are usually fixed. For example, Betway offers a 1,000 MWK free bet when your second deposit is above 5,000 MWK. You either get the full amount or nothing. Some free bets are only usable on a single bet, while others can be split between various wagers. One thing to know though is when your free bet wager wins, you get the return, but not the stake.
Getting started at a Malawian low deposit sportsbook won’t take more than a few minutes, as outlined below:
- Visit your chosen betting platform by using our banners.
- Sign up by providing details such as your name, gender, and date of birth.
- Depending on the site, you may need to verify your email by clicking on the verification link sent to the email address you provided.
After your account is verified, it’s time to make your first deposit using these steps:
- Log into the betting platform.
- Navigate to deposits under the payments section and pick your preferred payment method.
- Enter the amount you want to deposit and confirm the transaction.
Before you make a withdrawal, you may need to verify your account. The verification process involves uploading your ID. Only then can you withdraw winnings as follows:
- Go to the Payments section.
- Select “Withdraw”.
- Select the desired withdrawal method.
- Enter the amount you wish to withdraw.
- Confirm transaction.
Malawian betting sites try to make depositing and withdrawing funds as quick and painless as possible. Below is a brief description of the most popular payment methods found at Malawian bookies.
Debit and credits are popular worldwide and are ever-present at most Malawian bookies. Visa, Mastercard transactions are secure, allow for fast deposits, and provide low fees. They are also widely available in Malawi and accepted by most betting companies. The only drawback to this payment route is the relatively slow withdrawals, which can take up to 5 days, depending on the bank. Also, players have to contend with fees applied by the banks.
The best sites offer Malawian-friendly payment methods that locals are familiar with. A good example is Premier Bet, which avails a string of local banks for payment transfers. The turnaround time may be slower with bank transfers, but they’re about some of the most reliable and safest banking methods. When you fund your account with this method, you can cash out directly to your bank account.
Like card payments, electronic wallets are extremely popular banking options renowned for their efficiency and convenience. They have made online betting so much easier because they’re simple to use. eWallets are also a great way to wager online without revealing sensitive banking details, which players big on privacy will appreciate. TNM Mpamba and Airtel Money are the most popular local eWallets, while Skrill caters to a more global audience.
The best Malawian betting sites offer over 30 sports to bet on, but still put particular focus on locally-popular games. Here are some of the popular sports you can bet on:
- 🏈Football: Considering Malawi is a British colony, football rocks the country’s betting scene. Its national team, The Flames, has been one of the country’s biggest flag fliers after qualifying for the Africa Cup of Nations twice. As you can imagine, Malawian sportsbooks cover soccer betting markets a lot more, compared to other sports.
- 🏀Basketball: Basketball is another fan-favourite for bettors in Malawi, especially the NBA. Locally, the country has its own basketball team that has attempted to qualify for the African Basketball Championships but still awaits a breakthrough.
- 🏀Netball: Netball is quite popular in Malawi as the country is positioned 6th on the netball world ranking. Top bookies like Premier Bet cover netball betting, and it’s also behind the construction of the K80 Million Netball academy in Blantyre.
- 🏏Cricket: Malawi doesn’t have the best team, but cricket is still among the highest-drawing sports with regard to online betting markets. Key tournaments to look out for include the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup and the ICC Champions Trophy.
Low deposit betting at any of our listed sites should guarantee fun betting. However, we want to share a few tips to make your betting experience even more exciting, and help stretch your bankroll as long as you can:
- Claim the welcome bonus: A small deposit limits the number of wagers you can place, but adding a welcome bonus will multiply your bankroll and potential payout.
- Use a low deposit payment method: Stick to payment methods like bank transfers and Airtel Money that enable deposits as low as 100 MWK.
- Place small bets: Bet small amounts so your gambling funds last longer.
- Wager on favourites: Instead of risking your bets on long odds, wager on favourites.
- Look for quality odds: Sign up with two or more of our recommended sportsbooks and shop around for the highest odds before placing your bet.
- Set a gambling budget: Speaking of a gambling budget, always set aside gambling funds you can afford to lose without crippling your finances, and stick to it.
Leading minimum deposit bookies in Malawi meet the needs of punters who prefer to bet on the go. That also includes players looking to explore casino games, virtual games, and the like. Operators like Premier Bet and bet365 have free-to-download betting apps that offer functionality and rewards identical to their websites for efficient and lucrative betting.
Overall, the quality of these mobile platforms is good, boasting easy navigation, and appealing designs. Bettors who prefer mobile apps and sites can expect to take advantage of fantastic bonuses and incentives on these platforms. Mobile sites also offer a wide range of banking methods, so you have no trouble depositing and withdrawing funds on the move.
Minimum deposit betting has its perks, but isn’t without a few shortcomings. Below are the advantages and disadvantages of minimum deposit betting at Malawi bookmakers.
- Great for new bettors looking to kickstart their sports betting experience
- Players don’t have to risk much money to play
- It’s easier to sustain the fun when you make less risky wagers
- Gives you more control over your money
- Chances of winning don’t diminish despite the low stakes
- Small wagers equate to smaller returns
- Limits your bet size and the number of wagers you can place
Betting is for everyone, and not just for the high rollers. Malawian bettors should be able to wager on their favourite sports without draining their pockets. And that’s where minimum deposit sports betting sites we have reviewed come in.
As they allow you to play almost for free, joining these sites is the closest you can get to risk-free betting. Just be sure to consider additional factors outside the minimum deposit limits when choosing a site to join. You shouldn’t go wrong with our recommendations, which are all safe and offer seamless betting services on a budget.
Premier Bet, Malawi’s leading betting site has one of the lowest minimum deposits of only 100 MWK.
The minimum deposit at Betway is currently 100 MWK.
Start by choosing an operator that accepts small deposits, and create an account. Go to the deposit section, pick a payment method allowing low deposits, and place your deposit.
Premier Bet and Betway both have mobile betting apps that accept deposit amounts as low as 500 MWK to access the welcome bonus. As ongoing customers, you can deposit as little as 100 MWK, depending on the payment method.
Sportsbooks offer varying betting limits, with some allowing wagers as low as 1 MWK. But usually, the minimum is between 10MWK and 100 MWK.