Minimum Deposit Betting Sites in Italy
Sports betting in Italy is a large industry that generated as much as €423 million in tax revenue in 2021. Plus, it’s constantly growing, up from €350 million just two years earlier. It’s a regulated market with multiple operators, many offering low minimum deposits.
Most sportsbooks in Italy let you deposit as little as €10, while some allow deposits as low as €5 on certain payment methods. Such sites also typically offer welcome packages, which can also be claimed with as little as €10 or €20.
This comprehensive guide will cover the best minimum deposit sports betting sites on the Italian market. We’ll also explain how to bet on them, what bonuses they offer, and give you some tips and tricks on online betting in Italy.
Best Italian Minimum Deposit Betting Sites
- Minimum Deposit €10
- Live streaming
- Hundreds of betting markets
- Virtual, Horse Racing, Poker & Casino
- Average odds
- No cash out option
- Minimum Deposit €5
- Huge choice of markets
- Easy to use app
- In play betting
- Limited accas
- Can limit accounts
- Minimum Deposit €10
- Fast payouts
- Excellent betting app
- On going promos
- Welcome bonus not great
- Limited streaming options
The sports betting market in Italy is significant, and there are plenty of licensed betting sites to choose from. However, not all can be considered the best minimum deposit Italian betting sites. Plus, some don’t offer enough betting market diversity, lack proper odds, or simply don’t have good enough sports and bonus coverage.
That’s why we’ve worked hard to find candidates that meet our strict criteria. Below is a list of some of Italy’s leading online betting sites, with low minimum deposits, generous welcome bonuses, high odds, ample betting markets, and excellent sports coverage.
|📖Online sportsbook||💶Minimum deposit||🎁Welcome bonus|
|SNAI||€10||€15 free bonus|
|bet365||€5||100% up to €100|
|Sisal||€10||Up to €660 + €5 free|
|Planetwin365||€10||Up to €365|
|Eurobet||€10||50% up to €300 + €5 on deposit|
|bwin||€10||€260 bonus + 30 free spins|
|betway||€10||100% up to €100|
|William Hill||€10||Up to €215|
|Admiral Bet||€20||Up to €300|
|888sport||€10||100% + €5 casino bonus|
Top 5 Italian Minimum Deposit Sportsbooks
Now that you know our leading picks, let’s quickly review the five best betting sites so you know what to expect.
Best Italian betting sites:
SNAI is one of the leading online betting sites in Italy, controlling over 10% of the market. It offers a €15 bonus for registering an account and lets you bet on over 30 sports. Football has the widest selection of markets and events, but most other major sports are also fully covered.
You can access horse racing and virtual sports, and the in-play betting and live-streaming coverage is top-notch. Most importantly, odds on a wide range of markets are very competitive, so you’ll never be disappointed in that regard. You’ll also get access to regular promotions that change every few days.
bet365 is a well-known brand throughout Europe, and just as it is in many other nations, it’s one of the favorites in Italy as well. The betting site lets you wager on around 40 different sports and has a wide range of markets on most games. All major Italian leagues are covered, and the website is easy to use, thanks to a responsive and high-quality design.
New bettors get 100% up to €100 for a deposit as low as €5, making this the most affordable deposit bonus on any top-rated Italian betting site. Other than that, bet365 provides a wide range of other promotions, including boosted odds on specific sports.
Another top-rated online bookmaker in Italy, Sisal, is a modern sports betting site with many promotions. Italian bettors get plenty of pre-match and live betting options, but also virtuals, horse racing, and football pools. The UI is a bit cluttered, but it’s nothing you can’t get used to.
Sisal has a welcome sportsbook bonus for every gaming vertical, including betting, slots, and lottery. New bettors can get up to €665 in bonuses. You get €5 for free and a 20% first deposit bonus up to €40. After that, you’ll receive €16 in betting bonuses every week for 35 weeks, making it ideal for budget-minded bettors. The best part is that if you want more, there are plenty of other incentives available, including a loyalty program.
Planetwin365 is another popular gambling platform with a dedicated sportsbook, casino, lottery, and most other gambling verticals. The sportsbook features support for over 20 sports, including some esports, and you can place a wide range of bets on all the top leagues.
Like many other betting sites on the Italian gambling market, Planetwin365 also has several welcome bonuses, while sports fans can choose between three. The biggest one rewards you with up to €365, but it comes through one deposit bonus of 50% up to €165 + two of 40% up to €100. The online betting site has various other promos for existing players, including reload offers and special promos for specific sporting events or major competitions.
Eurobet is one of the best betting sites in Italy, covering most gambling verticals and excelling with its sports betting platform. It covers many sports and betting markets, rarely failing to provide competitive odds. You can use the most popular Italian payment methods like Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, Neteller, On Shop, and Postepay.
Eurobet boasts one of the best mobile betting apps on the market, available for both iOS and Android. The app is fully optimized for betting since Eurobet is one of the Italian bookmakers with separate casino and sports betting apps. Moreover, the online betting site gives you access to many promotions, including a sports welcome bonus of €5 you get immediately and a 50% match bonus up to €300.
How to Bet in Online Sportsbooks in Italy
To start betting on any sports betting site in Italy, you must first create an account. Let’s review all the steps from start to finish:
- Pick an online sportsbook — Check out our list of the best betting sites within the Italian sports betting industry, and pick the online bookmaker you like the most.
- Create an account — Italian punters can register an account in one of two ways: SPID or classic registration. The former is an automatic registration process available through the SPID system, and the latter is the traditional procedure where you must manually input personal details.
- Verify your identity — Every sportsbook requires you to verify your identity at the start or later when you decide to cash out. You’ll have to provide a personal ID, like a passport, and the platform’s system will do the rest. The process is largely automatic and very fast.
- Deposit and claim the welcome bonus — Visit the Deposit section of the site and pick a payment method. Input the required details and the amount you want to transfer and complete the payment. Ensure you’re sending enough funds to claim the welcome bonus and input the bonus code if there is one.
- Place a bet — Once you have the betting funds, you can head to the sports betting section and find the sport and event you’re interested in. Simply click the odds next to the bet you want to place, and the system will create a betting slip. Input the amount you wish to bet and complete the wager.
Can I Claim Bonuses With a Minimum Deposit?
Not all bonuses require a deposit, but those that do often require a small deposit. The best examples are welcome bonuses, which can be claimed with as little as €10 or even €5, like with bet365.
However, remember that these are match deposit offers. The more you deposit, the bigger the bonus.
The bet365 welcome offer is a 100% match bonus up to €100, meaning that if you claim it with €5, you only get €5 on top. You need to deposit €100 to get the added €100 in bonuses. Since the wagering requirements are only 3x on bonus funds and 1x on deposited funds, it’s certainly worth it.
If a sportsbook provides another deposit bonus for existing members, the offer will likely have a higher minimum deposit requirement, as most of these promos do.
Other promotions like boosted odds let you use existing funds, so you’re not required to make new deposits. Offers like these have different requirements, like the type of bet you must place or an event you must wager on.
How to Choose the Best Minimum Deposit Sportsbook in IT
Let’s review the main aspects of betting sites you need to look into to decide if a sportsbook is right for you:
- Sports coverage — The best betting sites cover several dozen sports, both mainstream and niche. Many go the extra mile, covering esports events, especially League of Legends.
- Betting market diversity — Every match can be wagered on in numerous ways, so a good betting platform needs to cover as many betting markets as possible. These should include the standard ones like 1×2 and totals, but also various props and handicaps.
- Betting odds — All betting operators should strive to have the best odds across the board. Naturally, no single platform can have the best odds on all bets, but they should be competitive.
- Live betting and streaming — Live betting is a staple of modern online sports wagering, and every sportsbook has this feature. However, only the best sites have comprehensive coverage of events and markets, including live streams of games you can bet on, allowing you to watch and bet all on a single site.
- Bonuses and promotions — Italian betting companies run numerous promotions, including welcome bonuses. Naturally, the greater the diversity and generosity of these bonuses, the better. The best sites often run valuable promos like boosted odds, which can significantly contribute to your overall winnings.
- Payment methods in Italy — The more banking options you find on a platform, the better. In Italy, these methods should include credit and debit cards, e-wallets like PayPal, Neteller, Skrill, and more.
- Withdrawal speed — Every payment option processes transactions independently, but sportsbooks also perform their own checks, and some take longer to handle your request than others.
Is Online Gambling Legal in Italy?
Italian criminal law states that gambling is illegal in both private and public spaces. However, the law distinguishes between games of skill and games of luck. Due to this, certain gambling activities are considered legal. These primarily include lotteries, the country’s biggest gambling market, and sports betting.
For physical betting shops and online sportsbooks to be deemed legal, they must be adequately regulated. Permits and licenses are in the domain of the Agenzia delle Dogane e dei Monopoli (ADM), which translates to The Customs and Monopolies Agency.
Every operator, including international betting sites, must contact the ADM to obtain a license. The agency imposes several requirements like a .it domain or subdomain and an Italian bank account. The licensing fee is €350,000 plus 20% VAT, and it’s paid annually. Sportsbooks also need to pay an 18% tax rate on gross profits.
However, the good news for sports bettors is that they are not required to pay taxes on gambling winnings and can play as long as they are 18 or older.
Since 1948, the country has legalized a number of retail gambling options, including casinos, slot machines, bingo, lottery, horse racing, and sports betting.
Several forms of online gambling were legalized from 2006 to 2011. Besides sports betting and lottery, the country has legalized online horse racing, virtual and in-play betting, fantasy sports, certain online casino games, poker, and bingo. Online sports betting was legalized in 2007, and the first licenses were issued in 2010.
Gambling law in Italy complies with European Union laws, and foreign operators can offer their services in Italy as long as they are correctly licensed.
Tips & Tricks for Betting on Minimum Deposit Sportsbooks in Italy
Betting on online sports betting sites in Italy is essentially the same, regardless of their minimum deposit rule. However, there are still a few tips we can give you so you can become a pro bettor over time:
- Choose the right sites — The crucial part is to use the right licensed Italian betting sites. The site you pick should be reputable and offer competitive odds and high betting market diversity. It’s also good when the Italian betting site constantly offers boosted odds promos, as these will increase your winnings.
- Don’t wager more than you can afford — The golden rule in gambling is always to bet only money you can afford to lose, never more. If you lose, it’s best to wait for the next paycheck than use funds not originally intended for gambling.
- Do your research — It’s crucial to research the teams or players you’re betting on. Even if you’re a big sports fan with extensive knowledge, look at the stats, previous games, and so on. The more knowledge you have and the more informed you are, the better you’ll be at making predictions.
- Go for the best odds — Odds shopping is very useful as it leads to using the highest available odds for most sports bets. You can always use odds comparison sites to find the sites offering the best odds on any bet, and if you do that with most wagers, you’ll win a lot more. It’s a slight difference per bet but substantial over a hundred or more wagers.
- Take advantage of bonuses — Bonuses like generous welcome offers with low deposit minimums and boosted odd promos can be incredibly useful in the right hands. They can effectively increase your betting funds and eventually produce more winnings.
Pros & Cons of Minimum Deposit Italian Betting Sites
|Ideal for budget-minded bettors||Most sportsbooks have €10 minimum deposits or higher|
|Betting can be low-risk||Difference in minimums per payment method|
|Great for testing the Italian bookmakers|
|Most top-rated Italian sportsbooks have low minimums|
|Deposits as low as €5|
|Makes budget management easy|
Some of the top Italy betting sites with excellent betting features, competitive odds, and diverse coverage include elite names like Snai, bet365, Sisal, Planetwin365, Eurobet, Bwin, Betway, and several others.
Betting online in Italy comes with a wide range of bonuses and promos. Most Italy betting sites have welcome bonuses, and many have additional offers like odds boosters, bet insurance, deposit promos, special promotions, and even loyalty programs.
Yes, online sports betting has been legal in Italy since 2007, with the first sportsbooks gaining licenses after 2010. All betting operators in the international or Italian betting market can apply for a permit, which is why there are plenty of foreign and domestic betting companies in Italy.
Yes, it is. bet365.it is designed specifically for Italian punters and fully licensed by AMD. The UI is in Italian, and the bonuses and payment options are tailored to Italian bettors.
Most betting sites in Italy offer a wide range of payment methods, and the same is true for bet365. Sports bettors can make deposits and withdrawals with Visa, Mastercard, and Maestro credit or debit cards, PayPal, Paysafecard, Apple Pay, Skrill, Neteller, and bank transfers.
Most online sports betting sites in Italy have minimum deposits of €10, and only a few have €5. The best betting site in this regard is bet365, one of the leading Italian betting sites; it offers a low minimum deposit of €5 on most banking options.