Minimum Deposit Betting Sites in France
France has a long gambling history, being the cradle of several casino games, the standard card deck, and parimutuel betting. Time has passed, but the passion for this practice hasn’t waned, as France was among the first European countries to develop a strong sports betting market and embrace foreign online bookmakers.
Today, this sector counts 16 regulated operators, with a wide coverage of sports and popular betting markets. Many also offer sports betting with low minimum deposits, catering to players with different budgets.
If any of this piques your interest, you’re on the right page. The following sections provide a list of the best betting sites in France with minimum deposit, reflecting on their offerings and pros and cons.
Is Online Gambling Legal in France?
In the mid-1980s France legalized all land-based gambling activities, including horse racing and sports betting. Government-led PMU and FDJ had a monopoly over the entire market. Online gambling, primarily sports betting, joined the mix in the mid-2000s. Under European Union regulations, France passed two online betting-friendly bills, opening its market to foreign operators by the decade’s end.
The 2010 bill, better known as the French Gambling Act, is still in force today. It established an official gambling regulatory body, ARJEL (the French Gambling Authority), and legalized three types of online gambling:
- Online sports betting (pool betting, live betting, and fixed-odds betting)
- Online horse racing (pool betting)
- Online poker games (Pot-Limit and No-Limit Texas Hold’em and Omaha Poker 4)
As of October 2019, the Autorite Nationale des Jeux (ANJ) assumed the role of France’s official regulatory body from ARJEL. In addition to online betting supervision, the new organization gained control over land-based French bookmakers and casinos and the power to audit and sanction betting sites.
France has never legalized online casinos or casino games outside of poker.
Best Minimum Deposit Betting Sites in France
With the groundwork laid, let’s delve into the world of French online betting sites. Our team has combed through the 16 ANJ-licensed bookies, searching for sites that offer the ultimate betting experience with low minimum deposits. The following table comprises France’s top 10 best sports betting sites and info about their deposit limits and welcome bonus offers.
|📖Sportsbook||💶Minimum deposit||🎁Welcome bonus|
|ParionsSport||€5||No deposit €15 + €85 after first deposit and bet|
|Vbet||€5||Up to €100 in free bets after the first bet + €5 for tennis bettors|
|Bwin||€10||Up to €120 in free bets after the first bet|
|Feelingbet.fr||€10||Up to €50 in free bets after the first losing bet + up to €250 in free bets in the next 5 months|
|Winamax||€10||Up to €250 match deposit + up to €100 in free bets|
|PokerStarsSports||€10||Up to €100 in free bets|
|PartouchSport||€5||Up to €100 + €10 in free bets|
|BarriereBet||€5/€10 for welcome bonus||Up to €100 in-game credit|
|BetClic||€10||Up to €100 in free bets|
Top 5 French Minimum Deposit Online Sportsbooks
The number of licensed betting sites in France is limited, but that doesn’t make choosing between them easy, even with minimum deposit as the main parameter. Besides the payment systems, making the right decision requires an analysis of each operator’s sports coverage, promotions, platform design, and more. Our team took time to complete all the steps. The reviews below reflect our ratings and choices.
These are the best five online betting sites in France:
1.🥇ParionsSport Betting Site
ParionsSport is an online betting site owned by one of the biggest gambling operators in France, Française des Jeux (FDJ). The company used to be one of two state-based gambling brands with a monopoly over the French betting market before the 2010 Gambling Act.
FDJ’s long track record is reflected in its online sports betting platform. The site is one of a few offering transactions as low as €5 without sacrificing security or speed. It packs a two-part welcome bonus worth up to €100 and a robust sportsbook. It also offers unique betting options, like “Loto Foot,” a prediction game with a daily jackpot prize pool.
2.🥈Vbet Online Betting Site
The runner-up spot on our French betting sites list belongs to Vbet, a gaming platform launched in 2008. While its experience doesn’t reach the heights of FDJ, Vbet has many other attributes going for it. The operator works with seven popular payment solutions, allowing €5 minimum deposits. It doesn’t feature max deposit limits, lets you withdraw up to €5,000 a day, and guarantees quick transfers.
Vbet’s welcome bonus and sports betting offer are no less impressive. French bettors are treated to €100 + €5 in bet credits after their first bet and have over 250 e-sports and sports betting markets to explore. An intuitive platform, competitive odds, and diverse in-play betting options add to its appeal.
3.🥉bwin Online Betting Site
bwin is another big name on our list of the top 10 best betting sites in France. As one of the trailblazers, the brand joined the global sports betting arena in 1999. It established a foothold in some of the biggest betting markets worldwide and entered successful partnerships with the likes of Real Madrid and the UEFA Europa League.
Through its triumphs, bwin continued to prioritize user satisfaction. Its French betting site became known for live betting, offering up to 1,000 in-play daily events and HD live streaming. With a €120 free bet welcome bonus, a €10 minimum deposit requirement, and an early Cash-Out feature, players can jump into action and score hassle-free.
4. Feelingbet Online Sportsbook
Coming in fourth on our French betting sites list is Feelingbet.fr, a Marseille-based gaming brand. Having launched in 2013, it touts a decade of expertise and a substantial user following. French bettors flock to it for various reasons, but its enticing welcome bonus, referrals, and €10 minimum deposit limit take the cake.
Newcomers to this online betting site can secure up to €50 on their initial deposit and an additional €250 in in-game credits for the next five months’ losses. Once they become regulars, the site grants them up to five €10 monthly referrals, cashbacks, combo bet boosters, and more. These promotions trigger with minimum deposit and open doors to an array of markets in popular sports events, from the Premier League and NBA to UFC and MotoGP.
5. Winamax Sports Betting Platform
Wrapping up our best betting sites list is Winamax, a minimum deposit French online betting provider offering an outstanding user experience. Whether you’re after profitable sports bets or into casino games like poker, Winamax has your back. With only €10 to €15 deposits, users get access to top-notch pre-match and in-play betting on scores of popular events.
Winamax’s platform is available for instant play and download on various devices. Their user-friendly design and layouts, innovative betting options (Grates and Coach’s Game), and lucrative ongoing and welcome offers guarantee an all-around enjoyable experience.
How to Bet in Online Sportsbooks in France
Leading French bookmakers offer a user-friendly betting environment. You won’t need any prior experience or knowledge to get started. Simply follow the steps outlined below:
- Read through our best betting sites reviews and choose a sportsbook you like. Refer to our How to Choose the Best Minimum Deposit Sportsbook section below for more advice.
- Create an account following the registration form instructions for your sports betting site. Make sure the information you provide matches your government-issued ID.
- Comply with the KYC and AMS regulations by verifying your identity. This step is a prerequisite for engaging in real-money betting in France, so you can’t skip it. It also helps you unlock promotional offers.
- Top-up your account in accordance with your sportsbook’s minimum deposit limits and welcome bonus terms. If you choose one of our top French betting sites, you can kickstart your betting adventure with minimal risk.
- Explore the sports betting offer, check the upcoming pre-match and live betting events, and consider their odds. Most betting sites in France have welcome bonuses with qualifying bets and odds conditions, so keep that in mind before signing up.
- Select sports bets with the best profit potential and add them to your bet slip. Most online betting sites feature slips on the right side of your screen and let you add and remove bets with a single click, so you should have no trouble.
- Check your choices and submit your bets. Good luck!
Can I Claim Bonuses With a Minimum Deposit?
The best minimum deposit French bookmakers accommodate a variety of budgets and user preferences. This philosophy extends to all their aspects, including bonuses and promotions. Whether they target sports betting, horse racing, or poker, these incentives have modest deposit requirements.
Depending on their type, promo deals may be redeemable for as little as €5 to €10 or no deposit at all. A few common examples should give you a clearer picture of what to expect.
|Welcome bonuses||Incentives designed to attract new users to the site. They come in various shapes and forms, from no-deposit offers (ParionsSports) to sports-specific free bets Vbet). They’ve become a standard in the industry, so most betting sites in France offer them.|
|Free bet offers||The most common promotion offered by French bookmakers. It lets users place bets without risking their bankrolls, so it’s often a part of the welcome offer to help new users explore the site. The majority of online betting sites we recommend offer up to €100 in free bets bonuses.|
|Match deposit promotions||This promotion offers a percentage of a user’s deposit as a bonus. On betting sites in France, these are seen either as part of the sign-up bonus or as an ongoing promotion. The PokerStartsSports’ 200% up to €100,000 offer is a great example.|
|Cashbacks and reloads||These incentives are geared toward returning players, encouraging them to keep betting. Reloads match a portion of your latest deposit, while cashbacks provide a portion of the money you’ve recently lost on bets. Some French bookies offer these under unique names, like scorer insurance on Feelingbet.|
|Referrals||This promo deal rewards French bettors who recommend their favorite platform to friends. They provide a special bonus code and grant a fixed sum of real money or bet credits for each new user who registers with that special code.|
How to Choose the Best Minimum Deposit Sportsbook in FR
All online bookmakers on our curated list are excellent in their own right, making the choice between them challenging. If you feel conflicted, check out the list below. It highlights the features you should focus on when picking the best online betting website for your needs and preferences.
- Payment system — Payments are the key feature to consider if you’re after low minimum deposit platforms. Check our top betting sites table and reviews above and consider which operator’s minimum deposit limits best fit your budget. Visit your favorite platforms to find out whether they support your preferred payment method. Finally, learn about the fees this payment method imposes and how long it takes to process transactions.
- Promotions — Bonuses and promotions are crucial when working with a tight budget. They’ll give you more chances to bet and profit and more room for mistakes and improvement. So, compare our top sports betting sites’ welcome and ongoing offers, and choose the brands that have the best deals.
- Betting offer — While there’s no doubt our top-rated French bookies offer excellent betting options, that means little if they don’t match your taste. To choose the best betting site, look through each sportsbook, examine its market coverage, and check its betting odds. Ensure you can bet on your favorite events and teams. Quality live betting and live streaming options are also essential for live-action and immersive gaming fans.
- User experience — Robust online bookmakers can be overwhelming to use, especially if you have little or no prior experience. To navigate this challenge, opt for a platform with a simple design and intuitive layout. Check its offer of clients and apps, ensuring they perform well on all the devices you use for sports betting. Finally, learn about the site’s customer support channels and see how their working hours match your schedule.
Tips & Tricks for Betting on Minimum Deposit Sportsbooks in France
Like any other iGaming activity, online sports betting is about having a good time. However, being successful and bagging a few prizes along the way doesn’t hurt. Here are a few tips and tricks that’ll set you on the right track:
- Start by setting a bankroll. Your minimum deposit budget will limit your betting opportunities, so you must be smart about your bets. Don’t rush in and spend all your money on one wager. Create a betting system that will help you place as many bets as you like without breaking the bank. Use promotions to get more betting opportunities.
- Shop for the best bet lines and odds. Look through all sports markets for ongoing events and their odds. Feel free to visit other betting sites and compare their offers to get a clear picture of the sports betting landscape and make well-informed choices. Consider live betting for its lower minimum bet requirements and in-game wager options.
- Do your research. Use your betting platform’s stats section to learn about different teams’ and players’ forms, past performances, and injuries. Focus on the ATS and win/loss column to learn how your favorites have performed against their opponents and oddsmakers’ expectations. Don’t bet on sports and teams you know nothing about. Stick to what you know, keep up with the news, and strategize.
Pros & Cons of Minimum Deposit Betting Sites
|Broad audience reach and accessibility||Narrow choice of licensed and reliable France sports betting sites|
|Minimum risk||Limited betting opportunities|
|Fantastic opportunity to test the waters and learn the ropes||Fewer payment methods|
|Great promotional value|
France officially licenses and regulates 16 sports betting markets. You can register and bet on any of them as long as you're of legal gambling age (18). You can find a list of the best French bookies with minimum deposit requirements in the article above.
You can. France legalized online sports betting in 2010, passing the Gambling Act. Since then, numerous brands have entered the market to cater to French bettors, providing sophisticated desktop and mobile betting platforms. We've listed the best ones in the table above.
Definitely. The best French bookies cover a wide range of sports events, letting you bet on all the popular teams. Paris Saint-Germain is no exception. French bettors can follow, support, and wager on its performance in Ligue 1, UEFA, Coupe de France, and more.
Unfortunately, no. France is currently on bet365's restricted countries list.
ParionsSport, Vbet, and PartouchSport have the lowest minimum deposit requirement among all licensed French sports betting sites. Users can start betting and claim their welcome bonuses with a €5 deposit.