Best Interac Betting Sites in Canada
Since the 2021 legalization of single-sports betting in Canada, the online betting scene has expanded to provide even more betting opportunities for Canadian sports enthusiasts. As more sportsbooks enter the Canadian sports betting market, offering trusted and secure payment options is vital for the safety and convenience of bettors – enter Interac betting sites.
Interac is a popular option on Canadian sportsbooks due to its trustworthiness and wide acceptance as an online payment option. With more than 6.3 billion Interac debit transactions carried out in 2022 alone, it’s clear that the allure of sports bettors making secure and seamless transactions with Interac payments has contributed to the popularity of this banking option on CA sportsbooks.
Let’s see the best Interac sports betting sites and everything Interac-connected you need to know when betting online.
What Is Interac?
Interac is a Canadian interbank network that facilitates the exchange of funds between financial institutions, businesses, and consumers in Canada. Interac’s journey as a payment provider began in 1984 when it was established as a joint effort between five major Canadian financial institutions: RBC, CIBC, Scotiabank, TD, and Desjardins.
Over the years, several Canadian online sports betting sites have integrated Interac into their platforms. This partnership between Interac and CA sportsbooks makes it possible to deposit and withdraw gambling winnings with Interac Online and Interac e-Transfer. These Interac products allow Canadian sports bettors to either use an associated email address or phone number or connect directly with the sportsbook to make mobile and desktop payments.
Interac payments can be made without needing to provide credit card details. Interac transactions are quick and have tight security features like encryption and two-factor authentication to guarantee user safety.
Best Interac Sportsbooks in Canada
If the prospect of going through tens to hundreds of Canadian minimum deposit sportsbooks to discover the best Interac betting sites is daunting, don’t worry. We’ve got you covered – below is a list of what we consider to be the best Interac sportsbooks in Canada:
- Caesars sportsbook
- 888Sport sportsbook
- bet365 sportsbook
- BetMGM sportsbook
- PointsBet sportsbook
- LeoVegas sportsbook
- Betano sportsbook
- Unibet sportsbook
- NEO.bet sportsbook
- Northstar Bets sportsbook
Top 5 Interac Betting Sites
Among many Interac sportsbooks in Canada, a few stand out due to their superior sports betting services. These top-rated Interac bookmakers stand out due to the extensive betting options, speedy transaction processing, and diverse payment alternatives they offer.
- Minimum Deposit: CA$10
- Minimum Withdrawal: CA$1
- Accepted Payment Methods: Interac e-Transfer, Visa, Mastercard, Trustly online banking, PayPal
Caesars stands out as a user-friendly platform with a strong focus on the Interac banking method. With a minimum deposit requirement of just CA$10 and the ability to withdraw as low as CA$1, this sportsbook caters adequately to low-rollers. Users are also allowed to withdraw a maximum of CA$25,000 per transaction.
Caesars provides a limited range of sports markets, including popular options like football, soccer, basketball, and hockey. You can bet on the major leagues across these sports and explore niche betting markets like virtual, auto, and horse racing on Caesars.
The sportsbook’s mobile app has received praise for its functionality, with the high speed of Interac deposits and payouts.
|Low CA$1 minimum withdrawal amount||Withdrawals take between 2 to 5 days to be processed|
|High maximum withdrawal amount|
|Functional mobile app|
- Minimum Deposit: CA$10
- Minimum Withdrawal: CA$5
- Accepted Payment Methods: Interac, Visa, Luxon Pay, Skrill, MuchBetter, Neteller, ecoPayz, Paysafecard, PurplePay, AstroPay, Online bank transfer, Instadebit
888Sport’s integration of the Interac e-Transfer system allows users to conveniently fund their sportsbook accounts with a minimum deposit of CA$10 processed instantly. The sportsbook’s minimum Interac withdrawal amount of CA$5 is one of the lowest among Canadian betting sites.
Once you’ve funded your 888Sport account via Interac, you can enjoy the sportsbook’s odds boost feature on select NFL and soccer events, among other 25+ sports available. As a lover of niche sports betting, I was also impressed with the availability of uncommon betting markets like greyhound racing, snooker, surfing, and trotting on 888Sport.
|Excellent variety of banking options||Withdrawals may take some time to complete|
|Low minimum withdrawal amount|
|Offers less common sports betting markets|
- Minimum Deposit: CA$10
- Minimum Withdrawal: CA$10
- Accepted Payment Methods: Interac, Visa, Mastercard, Instadebit, Instant bank transfer, Apple Pay, Paysafecard, ecoPayz, Bank wire transfer, Click to pay
One of the world’s largest betting companies, bet365, offers its services with Interac deposits and withdrawals directly to Canadian bettors. Like most Interac betting sites, bet365 offers free deposits and withdrawals. The minimum deposit and withdrawal requirements are set at CA$10. Similarly, Interac withdrawals and deposits on bet365 are capped at CA$10,000 per transaction.
Deposits are immediately processed, while withdrawals are completed within 24 hours, making bet365 one of the fastest Interac betting sites for making withdrawals.
With over 45 sports to bet on, including football, soccer, basketball, e-sports, and tennis, bet365 caters to a wide range of sports enthusiasts. Live betting and live event streaming add excitement to your wagers. At the same time, bet365’s Bet Boosts, soccer acca boosts, multi-sport acca boosts, and cash out are features you should be looking to utilize.
|Fast withdrawal times||Accumulators limited to 14 legs|
|Over 45 different sports are available to bet on|
|Free deposits and withdrawals|
- Minimum Deposit: CA$10
- Minimum Withdrawal: CA$20
- Accepted Payment Methods: Interac, PayPal, Apple Pay, Visa, Mastercard, MuchBetter, Online Banking, Bank Wire Transfer, Instadebit
BetMGM only recently expanded its operations to Canada by launching its Ontario sportsbook in 2022, but that doesn’t undermine the sportsbook’s popularity among Canadians as a top Interac betting site.
You can fund your BetMGM account with Interac e-Transfer, and this banking option is also available to access bet winnings. While the initial minimum deposit is set at CA$10, bettors can actually place bets for as little as CA$0.50 across all offerings and markets at BetMGM.
The sportsbook currently allows users to bet on over 25 different sports, with the ability to combine events to form same-game parlays. You can also enjoy boosted odds for specific sports events, and this sportsbook currently offers one of the tightest spreads among Canadian bookies.
|Odds booster feature||Higher minimum withdrawal amount|
|Generous welcome offer|
|Transactions are processed speedily|
- Minimum Deposit: CA$10
- Minimum Withdrawal: N/A
- Accepted Payment Methods: Interac, Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, Trustly online banking
Although you can deposit a minimum of CA$10 with Interac at PointsBet, you cannot request Interac withdrawals. This is the main downside of PointsBet, but luckily the sportsbook lets you explore alternative payment methods like PayPal or online banking with Trustly to retrieve your winnings.
The speedy nature of PointsBet’s Interac deposits will save you time to bet on any of the sportsbook’s 21 sports categories. The sportsbook’s odds booster hub contains a regularly updated selection of enhanced Accas. You can also use the quick parlay feature and live betting with fast Interac deposits to place bets on the go.
|Instant Interac deposits||No Interac withdrawals|
|Mobile Interac payments are available on the PointsBet Android and iOS apps||Limited selection of banking methods|
|Great selection of sports betting options|
Interac CA Sportsbooks Compared
The table below highlights the diversity between online sportsbooks in terms of transaction limits and standout features, so take a look:
|📖CA Sportsbook||💵Minimum Deposit||💰Minimum Withdrawal||⭐Standout Features|
|Caesars||CA$10||CA$1||- Same game parlays
- Live streaming
- Mobile app
|888Sport||CA$10||CA$5||- 100+ events
- Wide market coverage
- Alternative betting options
|bet365||CA$10||CA$10||- Live betting platform
- HD live streaming
- Bet Builder feature
|BetMGM||CA$10||CA$20||- Numerous markets
- Cash Out feature
- Same game parlays
|PointsBet||CA$10||N/A||- Mobile app
- Great international sports selection
- Reduced juice on some markets
|LeoVegas||CA$10||N/A||- Mobile app
- Competitive odds
- Customisable Bet Builders
|Betano||CA$10||CA$10||- Wide selection of sports
- Many betting markets
- Mobile app
|Unibet||CA$10||CA$10||- Competitive odds
- Wide sports betting market
- Intuitive interface
|NEO.bet||CA$10||CA$20||- Cashout control
- Bet configurator
- Mobile app
|Northstar Bets||CA$20||CA$20||- Quick payouts
- Live streaming
- Great user experience
How We Review Interac Sportsbooks
Selecting the right Interac bookmaker is a crucial decision due to the unique demands of the Canadian betting market. To help you make an informed choice, we follow a rigorous review process that considers various vital criteria. We’ve outlined it below to ensure you choose a sportsbook that aligns perfectly with your preferences and needs.
- Availability of Interac and other payment options: We assess whether the sportsbook offers Interac as a payment method for both deposits and withdrawals. We also check for the availability of alternative banking options like e-wallets and debit/credit cards for flexibility.
- Sports market coverage: We analyze the range of sports and events available for betting, including popular and niche markets. And make sure your bets are accepted via Interac transactions.
- Legality: We verify that the sportsbook holds required licenses from trusted authorities to guarantee user safety. Our recommended operators are licensed by bodies like the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario and the Malta Gaming Association.
- User experience: The website’s ease of navigation, design, loading times, mobile-friendliness, and intuitiveness are factors we observe when picking the best sportsbooks.
- Features: Additional sportsbook features like live betting, cashout, accumulators, parlays, and streaming are also factors that we consider, as we want our readers to have a wide variety of options.
- Odds: We also compare betting odds across different sportsbooks and pick platforms with the most competitive lines to ensure bettors receive maximum value for money.
How to Sign Up for an Interac Account
Before using Interac to make deposits and withdrawals on an online sportsbook, you must own a Canadian bank account with any of the participating financial institutions. You don’t need to create a separate Interac account to make online payments. Fortunately, setting up an Interac account with your bank is simple, as the Interac platform is integrated with most Canadian banks.
You can activate Interac payments with your financial institution by following the steps described below:
- Log in to your bank’s online banking account – this can be via the website or mobile app.
- Once logged in, navigate to the Interac section to initiate registration. This section may be labelled ‘Interac e-Transfer’ or ‘Send Money.’
- Provide the required personal information and verify your identity.
- Link an email address or phone number.
- Confirm your registration.
- Once the bank confirms your registration, you can use Interac as a payment method on sportsbooks.
How to Deposit and Withdraw With Interac
Once you have signed up for an Interac account with your bank, carrying out transactions on a betting site becomes easy. Interac sportsbook payments are fast, seamless, and can be completed with a few clicks.
Here is how you can fund your sports betting account with Interac deposits:
- Login to your online sportsbook account.
- Navigate to the sportsbook cashier or banking section.
- Select ‘Deposit.’
- Choose Interac from the list of available options. Depending on the sportsbook, you might see this option as ‘Interac Online.’
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit. Ensure you stay in line with the sportsbook’s deposit limits.
- Review the transaction details.
- Click on ‘Confirm.’
- You will be redirected to your bank’s online banking portal.
- Sign in to this portal with your banking credentials.
- Confirm the deposit amount and authorize the transaction.
The deposit method is slightly different when using Interac e-Transfers. Rather than being redirected to an online banking portal, the sports betting site will provide you with banking details you can copy. You will then log in to your online banking app, select Interac e-Transfer, and enter the bank details provided by the sportsbook to fund your account.
You can also withdraw bet winnings from your sportsbook to your bank account via Interac e-Transfer. To make a sportsbook withdrawal to your Interac account, you must have made an initial deposit using this method. Take a look:
- Navigate to your sportsbook’s cashier section.
- Select the withdrawal option.
- Choose ‘Interac’ or ‘Interac e-Transfer’ as the withdrawal method.
- Specify the withdrawal amount. Ensure you stay within the sportsbook’s withdrawal limits.
- Confirm the transaction.
- Once your withdrawal is processed, the funds will be reflected in your Interac account.
- Transfer money from your Interac account to your bank account.
Interac Fees, Limits, and Transaction Times
One of the most attractive features of using Interac as a sportsbook payment method is that you can carry out transactions without incurring additional fees. Interac deposits and withdrawals are completely free on most Canadian sportsbooks.
Interac doesn’t impose transaction limits on payments made on online sportsbooks. Instead, CA sportsbooks have standard deposit and withdrawal limits. These limits determine the amount you can pay and withdraw from your betting account in a single transaction. Most Canadian sportsbooks have a minimum deposit requirement of CA$10, and you can withdraw as low as CA$1 from the Caesars sportsbook.
Generally, Interac sportsbook deposits are processed instantly, with funds immediately reflected in a player’s betting account. Interac withdrawals may be subject to a 1 to 3-day delay, depending on the sportsbook. This delay occurs due to a sportsbook’s internal procedures, account verification processes, and a bank’s processing times.
Pros and Cons of Betting with Interac
|Seamless integration with online betting sites||Interac withdrawals subject to processing delays|
|Secure and private transactions||Interac transactions can be affected by bank downtimes|
Opting for betting sites that accept Interac is the way to go to reduce transaction times and make sportsbook payments without extra charges. Fortunately, several Canadian betting sites have adopted Interac payments, and our recommended betting sites are the pick of the bunch.
Sign up on any of these sites today, and you’re guaranteed to enjoy secure transactions, top-notch site features, and guaranteed access to your bet wins.
You can use Interac as a payment method for sports betting. Many Canadian sportsbooks accept Interac as a convenient and secure payment method.
Yes, bet365 currently accepts Interac as a deposit and withdrawal method for Canadian gamblers.
To withdraw with Interac, go to your sportsbook’s withdrawal section, select Interac as the method, specify the amount, and confirm. The sportsbook will review and process the withdrawal within a day or two.
To fund your sportsbook account with Interac, select Interac as a deposit method, enter the amount you wish to pay, and complete the transaction on your bank's online portal.
Interac deposits are processed and confirmed immediately. Withdrawals to an Interac account are completed within 1 to 3 days.